Friday, April 12, 2013

REVIEWS | The Prom Book by Lauren Metz

It's that time of year again for you high school folks: Prom. And as an employee working a retail job, I see so many of you girls looking for your dresses and I'm a little envious - I wish I had fancy occasions to get all dolled up for (aka an excuse to buy lovely new dresses...). Anyways, I remember those good old times, especially those weeks leading up to the big night - the excitement, the anticipation...and the stress.

To help with your planning, prom pro Lauren Metz has created exactly what you need. She is the author of The Prom Book, a guide to help you make sure you're all set for that special night. From picking your outfit and working with a budget to organizing your transportation and hosting a pre-prom party, Lauren is the closest thing to your fairy godmother.

Fun fact about Lauren: She attended three proms within seven days during high school and she has worked for Seventeen Magazine.


Take a look inside The Prom Book:





It's also full of space for you to jot down notes, appointment dates, style inspiration and even spots to put your memories even after the event is over!

I thought I'd join in on the fun, so here are a couple of my fave prom dress ideas from Topshop:

Left:  "Delicate Organza Prom Dress" - $120 CAD

 And for a special flashback Friday...this is what I wore to my prom:

Dress: BCBG
Heels: Stuart Weitzman

Enough about me...it's your turn. So for you ladies out there planning their proms, I definitely recommend picking up a copy of The Prom Book to guide you along the way. 


You can also find Lauren Metz on Twitter: @itslaurlaur

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment