Sunday, March 1, 2015

EVENT | Social Media Week NYC

Image via Facebook
This year's Social Media Week sadly conflicted with a lot of school and work stuff, so I didn't get to attend everything I wanted - but hey, I made the best of it. I spent one of the days at panels revolving around social influence, which was definitely interesting.





My favourite event was the Modern Influence panel which took place in the cool office space of kbs+ and featured some super interesting speakers. John McDermott, Platforms Editor at Digiday, moderated the event and he chatted with:
- Nadia Lopez, Principal, Mott Hall Bridges Academy (she's the infamous and influential principal mentioned in this Humans of New York post)
- Patrick Janelle, Executive Director, Spring Street Social Society (he's an Instagram extraordinaire, check him out)
- Aly Teich, Co-Founder, The Sweat Life (former journalist turned entrepreneur, inspiration overload!)
- Tom Buontempo, President, Attention/kbs+ Content Labs


The week ended with a rad closing party at the Highline Ballroom.


Until next year!

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment