Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tropfest 2012


New York is definitely the place to be -- during my time there last week, I went to a bunch of great events and got my fix of celeb spotting. On Saturday June 23, Bryant Park was taken over by avid film lovers and some huge names in the movie industry for Tropfest 2012. This is the first year that it took place in New York and starting in Sydney, Australia, it is now the world's largest short film festival. Tropfest USA is supported by a group of official ambassadors, which includes Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, and Hugh Jackman.


Jackman happened to be the charming host of the NY event and there was also a panel of judges for the competition, made up of Rose Byrne, Judah Friedlander, Jennifer Westfeldt, Ted Hope, and Scott Foundas.


Here's a bit about what Tropfest is; celebrating its 20th anniversary!
















Great vibe - more than 10,000 people were there!


Josh Leake
Josh Leake was the first-place filmmaker of the evening for his short film "Emptys" - Check it out:

The runner-up was Alexander Poe, for his short film "The Break-Up Tour"



Congrats to everyone involved!

Overall it was a really cool event and I was glad I got to check it out while I was in the city! Find more info about Tropfest here: http://www.tropfest.com


- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment