Monday, January 26, 2015

EVENT | Women Entrepreneurs Festival 2015


Last week, I had the pleasure of hearing the legendary fashion industry icon Diane von Furstenberg speak on campus at NYU. She was the keynote speaker and was such a fantastic choice to get an inspirational weekend started. DVF spoke candidly and openly about her humble beginnings and how she got to where she is today.

WE Festival co-founder Joanne Wilson did a conversational interview with DVF and it was enlightening and hilarious.



A few things that really stuck with me:
  • Never blame others. It all comes back to you, so don't put blame upon anyone other than yourself.
  • Fear is not an option.
  • You only regret the things you don't do.
  • Love is life is love.
  • Be true to yourself. Be hard on yourself and then you can be nice to yourself.
  • Generosity is the best investment.
  • "I never knew what I wanted to do, but I knew what kind of woman I wanted to be."
  • The most important relationship you have in life is with yourself.
DVF signed copies of her book The Woman I Wanted To Be

I was definitely fan-girling. 

For more info on the WE Festival: http://itp.nyu.edu/we/2015/

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment