Thursday, May 7, 2015

MY LIFE | NY1 Internship Experience


If you're a broadcast journalism student looking for an internship in NYC, I highly recommend NY1 News. I spent 10 weeks with the living unit at NY1 (arts/entertainment/lifestyle features) and it was such a great experience. I've done a bunch of internships in the past, and this is definitely one of the best. It was very hands-on and everyone was incredibly encouraging and supportive. You have the opportunity to try different things and meet people from other departments.

Take a look into my NY1 internship experience:




 Parenting reporter Shelley Goldberg with actor/author Henry Winkler

 I got to experience New York Fashion Week for the first time and it was pretty cool. I went to Monique Lhuillier, Vivienne Tam, Eckhaus Latta and Tommy Hilfiger


 Some of my fave shoots were with theatre reporter Frank DiLella. It was amazing to learn from him and see how he works. A few of the show previews I checked out: It Shoulda Been You, Something Rotten!, Airline Highway, Skylight, The Visit, and The Way We Get By


 Another amazing lady: Cheryl Wills. She gave me some great advice about being a young journalist and how to make an impression in the industry.


Spent some time in the control room - where the magic happens!



 Another highlight: having breakfast with the Swiss Ambassador and Broadway legends Chita Rivera and Roger Rees, who are currently starring in The Visit.

 Also had some fun moments on location with arts reporter Stephanie Simon - one involved hanging out in the Macy's store window displays.

Below: at a shoot for Tartan Week, learning all about Scottish heritage!

It Shoulda Been You opening night!

Some Tribeca Film Festival fun with George Whipple & the Monty Python gang

 Ended with a bang: interviewed Amanda Seyfried and Thomas Sadoski, stars of The Way We Get By

Have internship questions? I'd be happy to chat more! Give me a shout :)

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment