Wednesday, May 13, 2015

PHOTOGRAPHY | Ageless Glamour



During my second semester at NYU, I took a photojournalism class that ended with an exhibit reception featuring our final projects. Inspired by the documentary Advanced Style and street style photographers Ari Seth Cohen and Bill Cunningham, I took a look at some of NYC's most stylish ladies and presented a series titled Ageless Glamour.



My wall text:

-->
The streets of New York City are home to some of the most fashionable women – at any age. Some of the most stylish ladies I’ve come across happen to be the oldest, proving that age is just a number and it’s all about confidence. Inspired by women like Iris Apfel and street style photographers like Bill Cunningham and Ari Seth Cohen, I wanted to get out there and find some on my own.



I stumbled upon Off Broadway Boutique, a one-of-a-kind shop on the Upper West Side that is full of elaborate hats, chunky bangles and brightly colored tunics. Owned by fashion icon Lynn Dell, the shop is not only a hot spot for the latest styles, but also a place of community.



These women are proof that style never fades. We can all learn a lesson on living a little more fabulous.


 Off Broadway Boutique store owner Lynn Dell



 Pat is one of the coolest ladies I've ever met. She gives me life advice on a regular basis.

 All the photos are on display in the NYU Journalism building until the end of the year! 

Side note: I finally saw Iris, a documentary on fashion icon Iris Apfel and I fell in love. I am definitely inspired to live life as fabulously as she does! I highly recommend seeing it.



- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28
All photos by Christina Dun | Please contact for use

No comments:

Post a Comment