Friday, January 21, 2011

Steven and Chris: Taping January 20th

New traditional home decor, make your own nail polish, and broken glass...Steven and Chris never fail to please its enthusiastic audience members.

On January 20th, I was able to attend my third taping of an episode of CBC's hit show Steven & Chris. I just love the atmosphere of the set; everyone is so nice, the bright lights accentuate the fantastic set, and being near the making of television puts a smile on my face.

I won't give too much away about the episode, but I had a great time. Erin Mclaughlin, editor-in-chief of Style at Home Magazine, had a segment about the "new traditional" style of home decorating. We also got to take home the February issue of the magazine and after flipping through the pages, I cannot wait to start decorating for an apartment!!


Another interesting segment featured some money-saving tips, and, being the frugalista that I am, I was quite intrigued by the ideas that were demonstrated. These included using brown paper bags to make your own popcorn, using old eyeshadow to create your own nail polish, and using dryer lint as a quick and easy fire starter.

After every taping of the show, every person in the audience goes home with a gift. For this episode, I received a Celestial Seasonings Tea Time set, which is perfect for this insanely cold winter weather. Throughout the show they also gave other giveaways, so I also received a bottle of conditioner.

It was a great way to spend my Thursday morning and I always love being in the CBC building. How I would love to work there someday.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by!

Christinaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment