Sunday, September 25, 2011

Manifesto 2011

Hey everyone!

If you haven't heard anything about Manifesto, I encourage you to get in on it. After hearing about it just this past summer while I was back in BC, I was surprised that I hadn't heard of it sooner, especially having lived in Toronto for a full year.

Manifesto is a 10-day hip hop festival that celebrates culture, brings people together, and showcases amazing local talent in the hip hop scene. It takes place at venues all throughout the city and I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to check out more of the events.

The events I did check out though, were well worth it.

One of the most popular was the festival at Dundas Square. There were so many people and tons of great music and entertainment, plus crowds of people around bboys and freestylers. One of my favourite features was the graffiti wall. Hip hop legends graced their presence and made their marks.

This is my favourite photo (Mr. Wiggles at the wall):



Another event I checked out was The Movement, which took place at 99 Sudbury (such an amazing venue with so much character and history). The event was a dance showcase and it featured not only bboy battles, but even all-style battles. I even saw some familiar faces representing Vancity, which was amazing.




Mr. Wiggles
Toronto has got so much talent! It was great to see so many supporters of the hip hop community!

For more info, check this out: http://themanifesto.ca/

- Christina
Follow me on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment