Wednesday, September 21, 2011

World of Dance Toronto 2011



Hey everyone!

Now that all the TIFF madness is over, I've been able to focus more on everything else going on in the city. And being in Toronto, there is always something happening...which is why I love it here!

Just this past weekend, the World of Dance Tour made its very first Toronto stop and I was glad I was able to check it out! I was also fortunate enough to go to the Vancouver stop, which took place this summer (I took photos at it for Hush Magazine), so I was super pumped when I realized I'd get to go to TWO amazing dance events.

And being here in Toronto, I've been able to meet a lot of amazing dancers, mainly through my experience on the Ryerson hip hop dance team. So I showed my support to a bunch of them who were competing on the stage at The Sound Academy for this year's TO World of Dance.



If you don't know what World of Dance is...well you can Google it. But it's pretty much a huge dance festival that features not only amazing performers, but also other aspects of the hip hop community, from beat boxing to graffiti. Aside from the main stage competition, there were also bboy, popping, locking, and freestyle battles.



AND Season 6 America's Best Dance Crew winners I.aM.mE were there as special guest performers!

Fo' Real Crew
There were definitely a lot of amazing crews competing for the title of World of Dance Champions 2011! The results were:

1st Place: The OG (Original Gentlemen)
2nd Place: Bucc N Flavr
3rd Place: Projextz

I love the TO dance scene! Definitely inspired.

- Christinaaa



No comments:

Post a Comment