Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rachel Zoe Visits Vancouver


The fabulous Rachel Zoe made an appearance at Vancouver's Holt Renfrew last week to present her fall collection and do a Q&A with Holt Renfrew's Barbara Atkin. I was lucky enough to get to be in the front row for the fashion show, amongst familiar west coast industry folks including ET Canada's Erin Cebula, Urban Rush's Fiona Forbes and Style Republic's Brittany Law, and had a great time!

I was definitely looking forward to seeing Zoe's collection and hear her talk about how she got to where she is today. I love how personable she is and the Q&A was actually really inspirational. She emphasized how important it is to pursue your passion and to truly never say never. She did not think that someday she'd be a designer as well and write a book (with another on the way!) - but she did.

She also said that someone told her once that she'd never make it in the industry because she's too nice. Well she proved them wrong.

"Always stay a good person, and always be kind. You don't need to stab people in the back." - Rachel Zoe


And she loves Vancouver! 

"Everyone is so beautiful here in Vancouver...and I don't say that everywhere I go!" - Rachel Zoe

Check out some of my photos of her collection from the runway





She described this Edie Sedgwick-inspired dress as "the perfect dress because it's not too tight; so you can eat that cheeseburger on your date." I agree and love this dress!







All photos taken by me. Please contact for use.

Thanks for having me Holt Renfrew!

 - Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment