Sunday, January 27, 2013

Safe Haven Toronto Premiere


I am, and always will be, a sucker for those cheesy romantic movies - I can't help it. So when I won passes to see an advanced screening of Safe Haven, I was definitely pumped, since it's another one of Nicholas Sparks' novels come to life.

Not only was it an advanced screening, it was also the Toronto red carpet premiere, so the stars made an appearance and did Q&A after the movie! Starring Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel, the pair were introduced in the theatre and they looked great. They're also pretty funny. And Josh Duhamel is such a gorgeous human being, sigh...

Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother), also stars in the film, but wasn't there for the premiere. I did get to meet her though last year at the premiere of The Avengers. Did you know she's a fellow Canadian? Oh and I've also met Julianne Hough before, when she was in Toronto promoting Footloose!

Anyways, here's the trailer, so you know which movie I'm talking about:


At the theatre, the audience wasn't allowed to bring in any form of cameras/cellphones so I had to (reluctantly) hand over my phone before walking in to get a seat. So, sadly, I have no photos from inside the theatre and from the Q&A. But while I was waiting to go in, I was lucky enough to see Josh arriving, so I snapped a few pics:




After the movie, they chatted about what it was like filming together (they said Fergie and Ryan Seacrest were fine with it haha), their favourite scenes to shoot and how they prepared for the roles. Julianne, who is normally seen dancing and singing, takes on a role that really showcases her skills as an actress - although there is still a dance scene in this one!

The movie was actually so good. I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll just say that it's better than you might think. It has romance, drama and twists. Go see it when it comes out on Feb.14! For more Safe Haven updates, find them on Twitter @safehavenmovie.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment