Thursday, September 26, 2013

Canada's Walk of Fame 2013


Two years ago, I landed my first gig as a seat filler at the Canada's Walk of Fame Awards Show in Toronto. Since then, it's always an event I look forward to. Not only does it celebrate the achievements of awesome Canadians and recognize their impact they've had on our country, it also is so inspirational for me as an audience member. I always walk out of the theatre so proud and motivated to do something great. I'll admit, the thought "how can I get inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame someday?!" always crosses my mind. (Check out my 2011 & 2012 experiences)

My first year was definitely the most exciting...I mean, I sat between Sandra Oh's dad and Drake's mom and was mentioned as the Asian in Russell Peters' acceptance speech, doesn't get much better than that haha. Definitely a life highlight for sure. Just for kicks, check out my claim to fame below (start at 6:50) -


Anyways, this year's show was cool too, hosted by Martin Short and the inductees including Bob Ezrin, Terry Fox, Craig & Marc Kielburger and Christine Sinclair (woot woot, reppin BC!). And this year's Allen Slaight Award went to Carly Rae Jepsen. I love how it celebrates people from all fields, whether it may be film, music or sports.

I won't reveal too much, since it hasn't aired yet...so be sure to watch the 2013 Canada's Walk of Fame broadcast on Global on Sunday, October 27th at 8pm!


PS, for anyone wondering what a seat filler is, we basically replace the celebrities when they go up to accept their awards, etc. Since TV loves having full audiences, it's always necessary to make sure all the seats are filled and there are no awkward gaps. That's where seat fillers come in. For this event in particular, sometimes you move around a lot, but sometimes there are empty seats throughout the theatre and you may just get to sit there and enjoy the entire show!

 - Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment