Wednesday, September 25, 2013

We Day 2013

Photo via Facebook
It's been a hectic couple weeks, so I'm a little behind on blogging, but I'm on it! Last Friday, I got to cover We Day again for Faze Magazine and I had a great time. It's always so nice to see so many young people who are so passionate about changing the world. I got to chat with some of the performers, plus the show's host and Glee star, Darren Criss. This year's list of performers included the Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Serena Ryder, Imagine Dragons and Austin Mahone. There were also tons of awesome guest speakers, from Martin Luther King III and Spencer West to 11-year old Hannah Alper. And of course, Free The Children's Craig and Marc Kielburger.

I had to be at the ACC pretty early in the morning so I headed over rocking my Me To We Style 'Be The Change' T-shirt. Once I got there, I got to watch the beginning of the show for a bit and then had to set up at the red carpet for interviews.



The Faze team got to chat with Austin Mahone, Darren Criss, Jacob Artist, and Demi Lovato


Darren Criss: "It’s cool when you see this very concrete example of youth empowerment and people doing things that you hear about, but you see it in real life and you can’t help but be invigorated by this idea that we really can make a difference."

Demi Lovato: "When I went to Kenya with Free The Children, I did a lot of work with them and it changed my entire perspective on life and what I want out of it. I’m here today not only to thank Free The Children for everything that they’ve done, but also, We Day in particular is such an incredible event because everyone in the audience has done good for their community and that’s inspiring."



Later, I watched the show in the stadium and the positive and motivational energy was just so contagious. Check out some of my pics:
















Keep an eye out for the article on faze.ca - for more info on We Day, check out www.weday.com

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

2 comments:

  1. This sounds (and looks!) like it was awesome. LOVE to see so many young, influential personalities supporting a wonderful cause. You must have had a blast. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete