Tuesday, October 1, 2013

White Cashmere Collection 2013


This year I got to cover the White Cashmere fashion show as it celebrated its 10-year anniversary at the AGO. You can read my event recap for Faze Magazine here:


I spoke with the show's curator and designer Farley Chatto - check it out:

--> -->
Q: You had a lot on your plate with a double-duty this year, how did you manage to balance both roles?
Farley Chatto: I’m still juggling and balancing it. Being a bit anal helps because I’m a list and spreadsheet and Power Point person, so the more that I can communicate my thoughts through visuals or on paper, it made it easier for the team to get my idea and vision and follow it through.

Q: What was the process like when you were putting together this vision of the show?
FC: Because it was the tenth anniversary, the first thing I thought about was when you’re nine and turning 10, it’s a party. So why not throw a big party? So that’s what we did today, we threw a big party.

Q: Where did you find the inspiration for your piece in this year's show?
FC: As I was doing my researching for parties, I looked at big parties all over the world, like the Life Ball, Truman Capote’s Black and White Ball, and all of a sudden I decided, where’s the biggest party that never stops, but Vegas? So I decided to do old Vegas, where the glamour and party was it. So I picked classic showgirl. 


Q: What do you see in the future of the White Cashmere Collection?

FC: As long as there are women who are suffering and living through breast cancer, we will always be there to come up with great new ways and garments and have fun with it. We’re here to celebrate life. I had a dear friend pass away about two years ago at a very young age, at 36. She always said to me, "Farley, do not cry, just party and celebrate." That’s the way she wanted it, so as each year goes, that’s all we’re going to do. Party, party. 

Here are some of my photos from the show:



 


 Fell in love with this one - SO GORGEOUS!






It's amazing to see what you can do with bathroom tissue!
For more info, visit www.cashmere.ca

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment