Tuesday, December 3, 2013

INTERVIEW WITH: Dan Godlin

Photo via Facebook
New York City-based musician Dan Godlin stopped by Toronto a couple months ago for a show opening up for Tyler Hilton at the Hard Luck Bar and I had the pleasure of chatting with him about everything, from his debut album, traveling between NYC & LA, and hearing his songs on Keeping Up With The Kardashians. If you haven't heard of his music yet, get on it! 



I wrote an article for Faze Magazine and it's featured in the latest issue, featuring the boys of Degrassi on the cover! Fun fact, Degrassi was the first TV show to feature one of Dan's songs. Cool, eh?



Here's a bit of my Q&A with Dan (I usually include a fun lightning round in my interviews) -

First thing you notice in a girl?

Smile.

Who would you like to invite over for dinner, alive or dead?


Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.

What’s the most embarrassing song we’d find on your iPod?

Probably a Justin Bieber song. Oh “Beauty And A Beat.”

What is your spirit animal?

An elephant. It exudes peace, tranquility and love. It’s harmless and loving. It’s large and grey and it’s just got a vibe. Elephants have a vibe. I’m all of those qualities by the way.


Most romantic thing you’ve done for someone?

I took my girlfriend at the time to Central Park and I set up a picnic inside my guitar case so she thought I was coming from a gig. I put all the ingredients in there and opened it up and there were candles, wine, a blanket, food, and I sang songs to her. It was very romantic.


Something you can’t leave your house without?

My gold chain, my Star of David.

What’s your go-to dance move?

The Dan Godlin dance moves. Oh I know, the chest shimmy.


Who would play you in a movie?


Jake Gyllenhaal.  He’s a sensitive guy but he’s also manly.

This music video makes me miss the NYU campus so much!!

For more Dan Godlin, check out www.dangodlin.com

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment