Monday, April 21, 2014

INTERVIEW WITH: Fefe Dobson

Photo via Facebook
Last week, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Canadian pop-rock singer Fefe Dobson. I'll admit, I spent a majority of my teenage years belting out Fefe Dobson songs—this one in particular, despite the lack of ever even having a boyfriend to say "bye bye" to....


So I was really looking forward to getting to chat with her, since she's been in the industry for quite some time now, and naturally she's grown as a person and artist.  She even fell in love along the way, sighhhh. (She's engaged to American rapper YelaWolf FYI)





The full article will be out online soon, but here's a couple snippets from the interview:

Q: What can fans expect from your new album?

Fefe Dobson: You guys can expect the two songs you've heard so far, "Legacy" and "In Better Hands" and also "Celebrate", which was the Canadian Olympic track. The album is called Firebird and for me, it's the most honest album. It's honest for me, not just lyrically, but in the way I hear things musically. It sounds exactly how I feel the soundtrack of my everyday would sound like. Just really dramatic and full of bells and whistles.

Q: Every career has bumps along the way. How have the struggles impacted you and how have you handled the curve balls that have come your way?

FD: In general, when you go through things and you have to fall down and get back up, you learn. You learn where not to fall, you learn how to fall, you actually learn how to fall gracefully after while when you keep doing it. And I feel like I've done that metaphorically of just learning to get back up gracefully from all the issues or let-downs. But it makes you a better person. You have to go down in order to go up and you have to go down in order to appreciate the up.

Q: What advice do you have for aspiring musicians?

FD: Find what makes you original. The more unique and quirky you are, the more interesting you are. And that's by being who you are. Don't be anyone else but you. And be patient. Not everything happens overnight. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of dedication. This industry is one of the biggest roller coaster rides of anyone's life. It can beat any ride at Canada's Wonderland.


Stay tuned for the full article on www.faze.ca!

I leave you with her latest video, "In Better Hands"


For more Fefe Dobson updates, visit http://www.fefedobson.com/

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment