Monday, April 28, 2014

EVENT | Arianna Huffington in TO



Arianna Huffington is one inspirational woman. I had the pleasure of attending an event held at Chapters Indigo a couple weeks ago where The Huffington Post creator graced us with her presence. She spoke about her book, Thrive, which runs smoothly along the concept of fellow female businesswoman Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In.

For young women going after their dreams, Arianna is a figure who is a great example and role model of sticking with a vision and following through. Her determination and passion are just a couple admirable qualities of this media visionary.



In her book, she emphasizes the importance of taking care of yourself. She says, "burnout is the disease of our civilization" and I think she's right. I've definitely found myself so tired that I wasn't able to produce the quality of work that I would've liked.

She also touched on how crucial it is to surround yourself with the right people. "Get rid of the toxic people, the negative," she says. "And don't hold grudges." That hit home for me because I think that's so true. I personally have become so much happier after cutting out the people who really don't add anything positive. Do what you have to do, no regrets.

She includes the idea of "wonder" in her concept of three metrics and I love how she keeps the sense of curiosity alive. She says, "We love coincidences because it makes us believe that what happens in the world is not meaningless." Again, I totally agree—heck, I'm such a huge fan of coincidences.


Sigh, such I had such a fan-girl moment listening to her speak that day....

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment