Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New.Music.Live April 9 ft. Dancers & DEV

April 9 was a jam-packed day in the New.Music.Live studio and I was there among the crowd. Not only was it the first day of their NML's Best Dance Crew competition, but the lovely DEV was also there for an interview. If you weren't already aware, Dev is one of my favourite performers of all time....

And the awesome NML VJs Phoebe, Jesse, and T-RexXx hosted the events. They have the greatest jobs. Anyways, the show kicked off with the dance competition: a head to head battle between two local dance crews. Every day this week, there are two new crews battling it out for the title of NML's Best Dance Crew, leading up to the exciting debut of the newest season of America's Best Dance Crew, which airs Sunday.


The all-female power group Urbanesque was up first and killed it - in heels no less!




They competed against The Union, an all-male group based out of Cambridge.




So much swag, I loved it.

The two groups were judged by choreographers Lenny Len and Janet Castillo, along with Danny Fernandez and Victoria Duffield. In the end, the winning crew was...Urbanesque! Congrats girls :)

And after that excitement, Dev came out for her interview with Jesse. They chatted about her new album and what it's like to be a mom. Ah, I wish she brought her little baby girl out!






This wasn't her first time making an appearance at New.Music.Live. I was actually able to not only meet her last year, but also dance on stage with her during her performance on the NML stage!



(That's me in the scarf haha)

Anyways, it was so nice to see her again! She's just so cool. I will leave you with one of my all-time favourite songs:


- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment