Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sidney York @ NXNE 2012


Right after seeing Gus + Scout on June 13th, I hopped on over to The Painted Lady out on Ossington to see one of my favourite West Coast bands, Sidney York. I met the three ladies, Brandi Sidoryk, Krista Wodelet, and Sheryl Reinhardt earlier this year at Canadian Music Week, so I was thrilled to get to see them perform live this time round.

I love how they bring their unique instruments (what other bands have an oboe and a bassoon?) together with their fun personalities to create a super energetic performance. And the venue for this show was really small, but it was nice to be so close and see them play for an intimate crowd - they definitely got everyone dancing, and it was a great party!





Also check out their music video for their song "Cold in Here" (one of my faves!)


Be sure to check out their website: http://www.sidneyyork.com/

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment