Saturday, February 23, 2013

Social Media Week NYC


I spent my reading week vacation in my favourite city of all-time and it just so happened that Social Media Week was also taking place at the same time. So of course, I jumped on the chance to take part in it and my schedule quickly filled up with events, workshops and panels.

The main venue was the Global HQ at the Metropolitan Pavilion and in addition, there were four 'hubs' that focused on specific areas of interest: Advertising & Marketing (hosted by JWT), Business & Entrepreneurship (hosted by Bloomberg), Lifestyle & Culture (hosted by Hearst), and Social Impact (hosted by 92Y).

The lineup of events was jam-packed and I had a hard time deciding which to go to. In the end, I was able to take part in some really interesting panels and got to do some much-needed networking. I was most excited to set foot in the Hearst Tower and The New York Times Building - any journalism student's dream!

Photo from my Instagram - follow me @christinadun
So the next series of posts will be from the different sessions that I checked out - from online dating to how to be funny on Twitter, I definitely learned a lot this week!

Find out more on Social Media Week here: http://socialmediaweek.org/

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment