Friday, March 1, 2013

Fashion + Social Media: How Brands Drive Sales | SMW NYC


I went to a fab Fashion Tech event last Thursday at LIM College in NYC, hosted by Third Wave Fashion, where I met tons of interesting people and learned a lot about social media and branding.

I was really excited for the panel because it consisted of successful young women from some of the city's biggest brands taking the digital fashion world by storm. The event was moderated by Third Wave Fashion's founder Liza Kindred.


Panelists:
Cannon Hodge - Social Media Manager, Bergdorf Goodman
Farryn Weiner - Global Director of Social & Digital Media, Michael Kors
Grace Atwood - Director of Social Media, Bauble Bar; and fashion blogger behind Stripes & Sequins
Samantha Lim - Freelance fashion writer, stylist & digital strategy consultant, and former editor-in-chief of FashionIndie.com


They each brought their own experiences to the discussion and I was so impressed - they really know their stuff! They spoke about how they use social media to make their brands stand out. Some examples they described involved contests and using platforms such as Instagram and Vine to encourage consumer interaction. An overall theme from my social media week experienced definitely highlighted the emerging importance of video.



There was also a special keynote from Julie Fajgenbaum, former VP of Brand & Social Media at American Express.



It was such a great event - I actually heard of it through Twitter, so I'm glad I found it! Out of all the social media-related sessions I went to that week, this was definitely one of the most informative and relatable, in the sense that I actually walked out of there inspired and with a lot more knowledge of what goes on in the industry.

Thanks for having me Third Wave Fashion!

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28
All photos by me | Please contact for use

No comments:

Post a Comment