Friday, November 8, 2013

MY LIFE | Halloween & More

Welcome to my life.

I'm starting up a new section on my blog featuring the random events that happen in my own life, the life of a twenty-something college girl living in the city. During this past summer in NYC, I documented each week and shared my experiences via photos, but I stopped once I got back to Toronto. But with everything else going on now, I figure why stop? I'm going to be writing about the stuff that goes on in my personal life, so feel free to join in on the fun (or ignore these posts if you'd prefer haha).

To kick things off, I'll start at Halloween. For the past couple years, Pocahontas has been my go-to costume. A friend of mine let me borrow it a while ago and it's kind of just stuck around. -->

But this year, I wanted to give the Disney character a rest and try something else. But as usual, I left it until last minute, which resulted in me rummaging through my entire closet looking for something—anything– that I could possibly pull off as a costume. After nearly giving up, I pulled out the over-sized t-shirt I bought in New York with the MTA subway system on it (for $5, I might add). Wonderful. So this shirt, which was long enough as a dress (perks of being a shortie), was my impromptu Halloween costume. Basically the perfect choice for me since I have an obsession with NYC (a full blog post on its way on that issue).



My friends and I ended up going to a Halloween party. There were lots of awesome costumes but this guy below was my fave (Sriracha sauce ftw). The pic on the right is me with my friend Gavin, as Alex Trebek. FYI he's working on a cool sitcom called Capiche - check out their Indiegogo campaign and help support!


The day after Halloween, I had a film shoot for my TV documentary class. In case anyone was wondering, this is the project that I've been working on for the past couple months and it's due at the end of the semester. My group has been slaving away on this feature on Canada's Live-In Caregiver Program. It's been eyeopening and we've gotten pretty into it—I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!

So the shoot on Friday was specifically for the musical aspect of our doc. It felt more like filming a music video, which was fine with me. We used a room in Ryerson's Theatre School and set up our equipment. The equipment was the hassle. We got a lighting kit and I had the lovely task of picking it up and bringing it to the shoot location. Usually this lighting kit has wheels, but no, of course they gave me the largest, heaviest one without wheels. Cool. So I definitely had a workout that morning. (See right photo below)
After a successful shoot, a couple of us decided to reward ourselves with all-you-can-eat sushi. Best decision. 

When we were finishing up, Hillary (pictured below) mentioned she had to put her hair up in a sock bun for work later that day. I was then in awe as I witnessed her do a perfect sock bun right then and there at the table, sans mirror. I personally have an issue with sock buns (and ponytails FYI) and I guarantee that none of you will ever see me with one on my head. 


Anyways, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my life! Next up: an in-depth look at my obsession with New York City.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment