Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dragonette @ Gibson Guitar Lounge


October 9th was definitely one of the days that I'll be telling my grand kids about. Not only did I get to experience Dragonette up close and personal for a live, intimate performance at the Gibson Guitar Lounge, but I ended up being the grand prize winner for the event. What was this prize, you might ask?

Well, I walked home a proud new owner of a Gibson guitar signed by the band!

In a small room with maybe 20 people, Dragonette (made up of Martina, Dan and Joel) performed a three-song set followed by an interesting and funny Q&A session. The band has been promoting their newest album, "Bodyparts" and they chatted with Matt Schichter (host of the event, from MSN.ca) about life on the road and their new music. The video will be up on MSN.ca in a couple weeks I believe, so I'll post it once it's out!

One of the songs they performed - and one of my personal faves - was "Live In This City"



Check out some of my photos from the secret show:







After they performed, they got me up to the stage to receive my signed guitar!




Then they continued onto the Q&A
 

They are just so cool...

It was such an awesome experience and I honestly walked home afterwards feeling like I was floating on clouds - and also pretending I was walking home from playing a gig.
 

Thank you to Dragonette, MSN.ca & Gibson for making me feel like a rockstar!!

Dragonette will be on New.Music.Live this Monday (Oct.15 - get free tickets to be in the audience HERE) and are performing at The Sound Academy on Oct.18.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment