Monday, October 8, 2012

We Day Toronto 2012- Part 2


Partway through my We Day experience, there was a press conference in the media room that I got to check out. Craig Kielburger, Nelly Furtado and Jacob Hoggard took their seats at the front of a packed room and spoke about their involvement with Free The Children, focusing on a new initiative involving pennies, as a part of the We Create Change Campaign. Partnering with RBC, they are holding a huge penny drive, encouraging Canadians to collect their little copper coins to make a big difference - RBC will provide penny bags to be filled with $25 worth of coins, which is enough to provide one person with a permanent source of clean water. Just think about what all those pennies lying around the house can do for the world!

I love how this project is simple and an easy way to get involved with a great cause. So go start collecting your pennies today!

Check out a few photos from the press room:










ALSO on a side note, check out this wicked photo from the Me To We Style box suite (I also intern at M2WS so I got to attend We Day as a part of their team as well!)

SO MANY PEOPLE.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

All photos taken by me | Please contact for use

No comments:

Post a Comment