Monday, October 1, 2012

Canada's Walk of Fame 2012


Every year, a group of passionate and talented Canadians are selected to become inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame and for a second year, I got to attend the awards gala as a seat filler. Basically, the role of a seat filler is to occupy the seats once the celebrity goes up on stage to get their awards - since they go backstage to do interviews, etc and won't be back to the audience for a little while. So that's where I come in.

Last year, it was the case of 'being in the right place at the right time' and I ended up being able to seat-fill for Sandra Oh...and sit next to Drake and his mom. Oh and I got to be a part of Russell Peters' acceptance speech....the BEST night. (Read the full post HERE)

Check out my cameo below!


This year's inductee's were:
Sarah McLachlan -musician
Randy Bachman - musician
Team Canada 1972 - hockey team
Russ Jackson - football player
Sonia Rodriguez -  ballet dancer
Phil Hartman - actor

Allan Slaight Award recipient:
Melanie Fiona

My friend Terrence and I
This year, I got to sit in for one of the Team Canada hockey players and for Randy Bachman! It's always such a fun experience to get to be a part of an awards show so close to all the action...I mean, when do you ever get the opportunity to sit a couple seats away from Sarah McLachlan (who truly does have the voice of an angel...I was in awe after seeing her perform live) and see Randy Bachman perform Takin' Care of Business WHILE sitting in his seat in the front row at the historic Ed Mirvish Theatre in downtown Toronto?!

Check out some of the very few photos from the event (courtesy of my friend Terrence who had his lovely iPhone, whereas I had my Blackberry...)


The gorgeous foyer of the Ed Mirvish Theatre
Red carpet on Yonge Street

You never know what to expect at these events - and it's always so much fun. This year's show will air on October 14th so be sure to check it out!

Find out more about Canada's Walk of Fame:  http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment